About Expressions » Performing Arts Award
Planning a career in the Arts starting at University or Polytech?
Need some financial help?
EXPRESSIONS PERFORMING ARTS AWARD 2013
Until its closure in 2002, the Upper Hutt Community Gallery Inc. made an annual award to a student who studied Fine Arts, Design, or similar courses. Upon winding up, the former Community Gallery Committee asked the Trustees of Expressions Arts and Entertainment Centre to continue allocating an Art Award, and gifted the funds to support it. In 2012 the pool of funds has grown to enable a further award for the performing arts to be awarded.
In 2013 Expressions will offer the Award to a student who, in view of the selection panel stands to benefit from, and is likely to gain the tertiary qualification.
The amount of the award is $1000
- Applicants for the award should note the following:
- Applicants must be under 25 years of age entering their first year of tertiary study in 2013 and reside in Upper Hutt.
- Applicants should be intending to follow a tertiary level course in performing arts including but not limited to dance, theatre, music, performance to at least Diploma level.
Application for the award should be made in writing to:
Expressions Performing Arts Award 2013
Expressions Arts and Entertainment Centre
PO Box 40 594
Upper Hutt 5140
CLOSING DATE Wednesday 23 January 2013
Your application must include:
- A performing arts CV giving evidence of experience, standards reached and suitability for continuing to tertiary level.
- An outline of the proposed tertiary course . More than one may be suggested if acceptance may be determined by later examination results or other forms of selection. A personal letter giving reasons for selecting the course and possible long term objectives Names and addresses of two referees who may be consulted concerning your personal qualities and achievements in the arts.
- Contact details - name, address and telephone number.
Applicants will be contacted in early February 2013 after examination results/acceptances are received. Please telephone us with these as soon as possible.
Applicants will be asked to come for an interview and will have the opportunity to perform a short presentation in their chosen area. This is an informal interview.
If you require further information please contact: Rebecca Pubben at Expressions on telephone 529 0086 or 027 728 7236.
All applicants and information received will be treated in confidence and not passed on to any other person or organisation. The decision of the selection panel is final, no correspondence will be entered into.