About Expressions Whirinaki
Expressions Whirinaki has something for everyone. Our flexible spaces allow a wide range of activities to take place, enhancing leisure and entertainment opportunities in the city. Expressions offers an exciting and diverse range of programmes.
Talk to us about:
- cultural events
- sports events
- school projects and productions
- church functions
- performing arts competitions
- presentations, seminars, public meetings
- conferences, tradeshows, training sessions, workshops
- weddings and wedding receptions
- community celebrations
- craft shows and other large events that take up the whole building
Expressions Whirinaki Arts and Entertainment Centre is owned by Upper Hutt City Council and operated by Expressions Arts and Entertainment Centre Trust (Expressions Trust).
New Maori Addition to Expressions Name
Upon invitation from the Expressions Trust, ‘Whirinaki’ was offered by Orongomai Marae as an addition to the Expressions name. The name represents the links to founding iwi. It is significant to the area and translates as a place of trust, and a dependable forum for the arts to be presented and exhibited.
Kaumatua Tamati Kawai conducted a public blessing for the new name at the Expressions Annual Public Meeting held on 8 June 2011. Test